The SMDI Web application is a software portal used by Genentech scientists who support Small Molecule Drug Discovery at Genentech. SMDI encompases more than 30 distinct application modules, most of which support specific user groups. The focus of this project is the “in vivo DMPK Scheduler” module, which is used by four separate user groups. The timeframe of this project is one year, but may be extended if necessary. Another application in scope is “gSync”, a standalone web application that synchronizes a specified pair of Google Drive folders, one inside and one outside the Genentech Firewall.
Some of the initial responsibilities include:
● Become familiar with the gSync application
● Become familiar with the "Patent Sync" application in SMDI which currently uses the
● Configure additional gSync folder pairs to sync files between the in vivo DMPK group
and their collaborators.
● Investigate and prototype other options (e.g., Validcert) for sharing files between
Genentech's in vivo DMPK group and the various collaborators (e.g., WuXi in China,
Covance in the US, etc.)
● Recommend, architect and implement the "winner solution" for aforementioned file
● Implement LASAR integration, another web application in Bioinformatics, via Web
● Implement Mosaic integration for compound shipping. Mosaic is a commercial
Compound Management Solution licensed from Titian Software Ltd.
The developer is expected to work closely with the Product Owner at Genentech while
participating in a larger SCRUM team (which develops new features and enhancements to the
SMDI web application).
List of duties
● Implement new User Stories
● Software installation, testing, quality assurance in collaboration with dedicated QA.
● Working closely with other Developers, DevOps and Customers
● Attend meetings after 6pm CET (at least once a week to communicate with
users/product owner in South San Francisco).
3 years experience
Fluent in English
Client call to non-REST Web Services API
Unit / Integration testing, Maven/Gradle